Bryan van Niekerk
All I know is that today is the final day of shooting.
It has all been amazing for a number of reasons.
1. The production team. They are so phenomenal I can’t begin to explain. Ungodly hours spent feeding and watering us all, organising locations and cast at the last minute and ensuring that everything has run as smoothly as it has. You guys are the beasts.
2. The social media background artists. Everyone that has answered the call of the great Twitter Horn and joined us on set for long stretches of dancing, looking sexy and partying to no music. You guys are going to make this movie legit.
3. The peeps that have just given us shit for no reason other than to support our cause – Sam Cook (@Cooklet) for instance dropped off two massive jars of delicious cookies yesterday to keep us going. You are the best. And she’s not the only one.
4. The guys that got naked last night. In this freezing Jo’burg weather, 5 girls and 2 guys (including crew!) got naked and braved the icy night air to be in A SWIMMING POOL and give our film that coveted R rating. There was even an actual penis.
5. Dani Swartz. Who jumped in the water in all of her clothes to save an naked swimmer, who had lied about being able to swim. She is a real hero.
After tomorrow morning’s sunrise shot, we go all out in the offline and then it’s a hard slog until screening on Saturday.
More info on how you can get tickets to watch (the now officially titled) Shotgun Garfunkel at the Bioscope, will follow. Keep following the hashtag #FastestFilmSA, check out this blog or our Facebook page for more.
You guys are going to love this film!
This post is in the following categories: Daily Updates